Go toArchive
Browse byFacets
Bookbag ( 0 )
'a Tocopherol' in keywords Facet   section ZfN Section C  [X]
Results  2 Items
Sorted by   
Publication Year
1999 (1)
1997 (1)
1Author    Sergi Munné-Bosch3, Karin Schwarz, Leonor Alegre3Requires cookie*
 Title    in Rosmarinus officinalis L. and Melissa officinalis L  
 Abstract    Summer diurnal variations of photosynthesis and a-tocopherol content were measured in relation to natural drought in field-grown rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis L.) and lemon balm (Melissa officinalis L.) plants. During the summer relative water contents (RW C) of ca. 40% in Rosmarinus officinalis and ca. 30% in Melissa officinalis were attained, indicating severe drought. Both species showed similar diurnal patterns of net C 0 2 assimilation rates (A) with a wide plateau of maximum photosynthesis at midday in the absence of drought and one peak of maximum photosynthesis early in the morning under drought conditions. Net C 0 2 assimilation rates decreased by ca. 75% due to drought in both species. Melissa officinalis plants showed a significant decrease in the relative quantum efficiency of PSII photochemistry (4>psn), ratio of variable to maximum fluorescence yield (F J F m) and chloro­ phyll content of leaves by ca. 25% under drought conditions at midday. In contrast, cJ)pSI1, F J F m and chlorophyll content remained constant throughout the experiment in R. officinalis plants. Although the non-photochemical quenching of chlorophyll fluorescence increased from ca. 1.8 to 3 and the a-tocopherol content rose fifteen fold in both species in response to drought, only R. officinalis plants were able to avoid oxidative damage under drought conditions by the joint increase of carotenoids and a-tocopherol. 
  Reference    Z. Naturforsch. 54c, 698—7 (1999); received November 17 1998/March 20. 1999 
  Published    1999 
  Keywords    a-Tocopherol, Photosynthesis, Drought, Rosmarinus officinalis, Melissa officinalis 
  Similar Items    Find
 TEI-XML for    default:Reihe_C/54/ZNC-1999-54c-0698.pdf 
 Identifier    ZNC-1999-54c-0698 
 Volume    54 
2Author    J. K. Ru K, K. B., Rd Ab>, A. R. Adunzc, K. Strzałka3, G. H. SchmRequires cookie*
 Title    Antagonistic Effects of a-Tocopherol and a-Tocoquinone in the Regulation of Cyclic Electron Transport around Photosystem II  
  Reference    Z. Naturforsch. 52c, 766—774 (1997); received August 22/ 
  Published    1997 
  Keywords    a-Tocopherol, a-Tocoquinone, Plastoquinone-A, Photosystem II, Cyclic Electron Transport, Oxygen Evolution, Thylakoid Membrane 
  Similar Items    Find
 TEI-XML for    default:Reihe_C/52/ZNC-1997-52c-0766.pdf 
 Identifier    ZNC-1997-52c-0766 
 Volume    52